What feeds should journalism students follow when they first begin to use Twitter?
Here’s my top 10 list, and I’ll be watching Twitter (and the comments on this page) for other suggestions…
- A local professional news reporter
- A local news organization’s main feed
- A national news organization’s feed for a beat they follow
- A feed about a subject they are passionate about
- Their student newspaper
- Another campus media organization
- A different university’s student newspaper
- A Society of Professional Journalists feed
- A journalism review or think-tank like CJR, AJR, Poynter, J-Lab, Nieman
- Their university’s PR office
- The professor who suggested Twitter might not be just a colossal waste of time https://twitter.com/#!/bobstep
OK, so I’m not great at “top 10” lists.